Jocyl's Food Products (a.k.a "Chorizo de Kalibo") is a bold and forward-thinking company whose goals are set to create surprising ways of developing and promoting our products. We are entrepreneurial and visionary in producing and marketing the best chorizo and other food products from our hometown - Kalibo, Aklan, Philippines.About Us
Homemade Food: Authentic Chorizo from Scratch
Chorizo is a popular type of sausage, originating from Spain and Portugal, but it has also become a staple in many other countries, including Mexico, the Philippines, and Argentina. Chorizo is known for its bold, spicy flavor and versatility, making it an excellent ingredient in various dishes, from breakfast omelets to hearty stews.
While you can easily find chorizo at most grocery stores, making it from scratch is a fun and rewarding experience that allows you to customize the flavor to your liking. Here’s how to make authentic homemade chorizo from scratch.
– 2 pounds of ground pork (preferably fatty cuts)
– 2 tablespoons of smoked paprika
– 1 tablespoon of hot paprika
– 1 tablespoon of ground cumin
– 1 tablespoon of dried oregano
– 3-4 cloves of garlic, minced
– 1 tablespoon of salt
– 1 teaspoon of black pepper
– 1/4 cup of red wine vinegar
– 2 tablespoons of olive oil
1. In a large bowl, combine the ground pork, smoked paprika, hot paprika, ground cumin, dried oregano, minced garlic, salt, pepper, and red wine vinegar. Mix well until all the spices are evenly incorporated into the meat.
2. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let the mixture marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours, or overnight, to allow the flavors to develop.
3. In a skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add a small amount of the chorizo mixture to the skillet and cook for a few minutes, until fully cooked. Taste and adjust the seasoning as needed.
4. Once you’re happy with the seasoning, divide the chorizo mixture into portions or shape into sausages (using a sausage stuffer, if available).
5. Heat a large skillet or grill over medium-high heat. Add the chorizo portions or sausages and cook for 5-7 minutes per side, or until fully cooked and browned all around.
6. Serve the chorizo hot alongside your favorite dishes, such as scrambled eggs, rice, beans, or grilled vegetables.
1. Can I use ground beef or turkey instead of pork?
While traditional chorizo is made with pork, you can use ground beef or turkey if you prefer. Keep in mind that the flavor and texture may be slightly different.
2. Can I use different types of paprika?
Yes, you can experiment with different types of paprika to achieve different flavors. Smoked paprika is the most common type used in chorizo, but you can also try sweet or hot paprika, or a combination of both.
3. What can I do with leftover chorizo?
Chorizo can be used in many different dishes, such as tacos, quesadillas, pizzas, pasta sauces, and more. You can also freeze leftover chorizo for later use.
4. Can I make chorizo without a sausage stuffer?
Yes, you can shape the chorizo mixture into patties or small portions if you don’t have a sausage stuffer. However, using a stuffer will help you achieve a more uniform and professional-looking sausage.
In conclusion, making authentic homemade food chorizo from scratch is a fun and flavorful experience that will take your cooking to the next level. With just a few simple ingredients and some patience, you can enjoy bold and spicy homemade food sausage that you can customize to your preferences.
Jocyl’s Social Media:
#Authentic #Homemade #Chorizo #Scratch