Jocyl's Food Products (a.k.a "Chorizo de Kalibo") is a bold and forward-thinking company whose goals are set to create surprising ways of developing and promoting our products. We are entrepreneurial and visionary in producing and marketing the best chorizo and other food products from our hometown - Kalibo, Aklan, Philippines.About Us
Choripan is a popular street food in Argentina and when it comes to choripan, nothing beats homemade Argentine chorizo. This delicious sausage can be made easily and quickly at home with a few simple ingredients that you can easily find in your local supermarket.
– 1 cup of pork fat
– 1 kg of pork shoulder
– 4 garlic cloves
– 2 tablespoons of paprika
– 2 teaspoons of salt
– 1 teaspoon of cumin
– 1 teaspoon of oregano
– 1/4 cup of white vinegar
1. Begin by cutting the pork shoulder into small pieces and grinding the meat in a meat grinder. You can also buy already ground pork meat to save time.
2. Grind the pork fat separately and mix it with the ground pork.
3. In a mortar, crush the garlic cloves with the salt until you get a paste.
4. Add the garlic paste, paprika, cumin, and oregano to the meat mixture and mix everything together until it is well combined.
5. Add the white vinegar and mix again to combine. The vinegar helps to enhance the flavor of the chorizo.
6. Once everything is mixed well, let the mixture rest in the refrigerator for at least two hours or overnight.
7. After the mixture has rested, form it into sausage shapes using your hands or by using sausage casings.
8. Place the chorizos on a grill or a pan and cook them for about 10 to 15 minutes on each side until they are browned and cooked through.
9. Serve the chorizos hot off the grill with a crusty bread roll and chimichurri sauce, which is a popular Argentine sauce made with parsley, garlic, and olive oil.
That’s it! Homemade Argentine chorizos are easy and quick to make, and they taste much better than store-bought ones. Impress your friends and family at your next barbecue by serving choripan with your homemade chorizos. Bon appétit!