Jocyl's Food Products (a.k.a "Chorizo de Kalibo") is a bold and forward-thinking company whose goals are set to create surprising ways of developing and promoting our products. We are entrepreneurial and visionary in producing and marketing the best chorizo and other food products from our hometown - Kalibo, Aklan, Philippines.About Us
Are you looking for a tasty and easy-to-make dish? Try cooking Longganisa! Longganisa is a Filipino sausage that is made with ground pork, garlic, and spices. It is usually served as a breakfast dish with garlic fried rice and eggs. This dish is a great way to start your day with a flavorful and nutritious meal.
To make Longganisa, you will need the following ingredients:
-1 lb ground pork
-2 cloves garlic, minced
-1 teaspoon salt
-1 teaspoon black pepper
-1 teaspoon paprika
-1 teaspoon sugar
-1 teaspoon oregano
-1 teaspoon garlic powder
-1 teaspoon onion powder
-2 tablespoons vinegar
-1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
-2 tablespoons olive oil
-1 tablespoon soy sauce
-1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
-1 teaspoon cumin (optional)
1. In a large bowl, mix together the ground pork, garlic, salt, black pepper, paprika, sugar, oregano, garlic powder, onion powder, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, olive oil, soy sauce, red pepper flakes (optional) and cumin (optional).
2. Knead the mixture for 2-3 minutes until it is well combined.
3. Form the mixture into small sausage-shaped patties.
4. Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add the olive oil.
5. Add the patties to the skillet and cook for 4-5 minutes on each side, or until they are golden brown and cooked through.
6. Serve the Longganisa with garlic fried rice and eggs. Enjoy!
Another option is to serve the longganisa with a dipping sauce made of vinegar, soy sauce, and chopped garlic. This adds a tangy and slightly spicy flavor that complements the sweetness of the longganisa perfectly.
When making longganisa from scratch, it’s important to use fresh, high-quality ingredients to ensure that the sausage is flavorful and delicious. Some recipes also call for additional seasonings like paprika or annatto to give the longganisa a bright, reddish-orange color.
Overall, cooking this longganisa recipe is a simple and satisfying way to enjoy one of the Philippines’ most beloved dishes. Whether you’re making it from scratch or buying it pre-made from a local vendor, it’s sure to be a crowd-pleaser at any meal.
This Longganisa recipe is a delicious and easy way to make a flavorful and nutritious breakfast. Give it a try and let us know what you think!